Friday, November 16, 2007

An Angel Named Keturah

Around 15 years ago I picked up a book called "Angel Speak". In the book it suggests you ask your guardian angel its name. I was intrigued by this and sat down and did the meditation. As I did the meditation the name Keturah came to my mind. I immediately felt this was the name of my guardian angel and I started speaking to her. I used the name for my password on many computers and I named a design company after her..Keturah Designs...I made jewlery and sold it.

This was all well before the internet...one day a few years ago...I decided to see if I could find an origin to this unusual name. I spelled it Katura...and would always come away with Japanese stuff...and then one day...I must have spelled it differently and I about fell off the chair I was sitting on...this is what I found.

In the Book of Genesis, Keturah or Ketura (Hebrew: קְטוּרָה, Standard Qətura Tiberian Qəṭûrāh ; "Incense") is the woman whom Abraham marries after the death of Sarah. She bears him six sons, Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah.
She is styled "Abraham's concubine" (1 Chr. 1:32). Abraham married her probably after Sarah's death (Gen. 25:1-6). He also sent the sons he had by Keturah to live in the east far from his son Isaac. Rabbinic lore (midrash) holds that Keturah is identical with Hagar

I still consider her my guardian...maybe not an angel...but with me none the less...and teaching and guiding me.

Soooo...my son had a heart attack on Ocotber 9, 2007....and I called on God and all the angels to be with him. Many miracles occured on that day. He had emergency angioplasty and a stent put into his main artery and was placed in Cardiac Intensive Care. That night I slept in the waiting room for the CICU...a few blankets and some chairs became my bed for the night...or at least a place to rest my head. Around 7 or so the next morning...after being awake most of the night, I went to see how Quinn was doing. He was doing well, tired and upset, but hanging in there physically. I sat down in the chair in the room and my eyes gazed upon the wall where there was a white-board. On the white board it gave the date, and the names of his doctor, nurse and assistant nurse. My eyes flew open as I saw the name Keturah as the name of his assistant nurse. How could this be? I had never heard someone with that name in my life. I had never heard it used before. Even most people who know the bible don't remember the name Keturah...but there it was...a 'sign' that she was with us...watching over my son.

Later that afternoon I took Keturah (the nursing assistant) aside and told her how her name had brought an amazing sign to me from my guardian angel named Keturah. Her eyes misted over with tears and she was very touched by the story. Keturah looked at me and said, "Do you know what the name means? Do you know who Keturah was?" I told her I knew exactly who she was. Keturah smiled and again her eyes filled up with tears as she told me how touched she was to be used by God in such an amazing way.

No comments: